GlenWood has achieved the following in terms of:
- Integrated Production of Wine (IPW) certification, which is a voluntary environmental sustainability scheme which complies with international criteria;
- Bio-Diversity and Wine Initiative accreditation (BWI) which is a guarantee of sound conservation practices which assure “green” consumers that vineyards and cellars are eco-friendly and that natural habitat is protected.
We are delighted to announce GlenWood’s second Platter 5* rating in as many years with the Glenwood Semillon / Sauvignon Blanc Vigneron's Selection. receiving this prestigious rating for the 2017 Guide.
Produced in small volumes, a mere 1,200 bottles, this wine again highlights the uniqueness and diversity of the GlenWood terroir coming together with our “simple, natural and quality” approach to winemaking. Grapes were picked at 22.2°B and given eight hours of skin contact before pressing to 1.4 bars of pressure. The juice was left to settle for two days before racking to barrel. Using only wild yeast, fermentation occurred over a two month period. The wine spent 15 months on the lees. Only new, small French oak barrels were used. Sauvignon Blanc was blended before bottling.
This wine will benefit even more with correct cellaring and can be enjoyed with creamy pasta, white roasts, blue cheese and any seafood dishes.
GlenWood wines have also achieved a wide range of other awards over the last few years. These include:
Chardonnay Grand Duc
- Decanter Trophy for the best South African Chardonnay
- Old Mutual Wine Trophy Gold and Second Best Chardonnay in SA
- Veritas Gold and Double Gold
- Mundis Vini International Gold
- Winemakers Choice Best White and Top 3 Chardonnays
- Numerous Veritas Double Gold awards
- Sommeliers Selection 2017
- Shiraz Top Ten (7th in SA)
- Winemakers Choice Top 3 Shiraz
- Gold Medal Sante Winelands
- Silver Medal Michelangelo International Wine Competition
- Dave Hughes Top Ten Sauvignon Blanc Selection
- The majority of our wines receive either four or four and a half stars (out of five) in the annual John Platter Wine Guide
- Noblesse Grand Duc Gold Sommeliers Selection 2017
Wine of Origin Franschhoek
Wine of Origin (WO) is the industry certification that wines have been produced using grapes from a specific district. In the case of GlenWood, all except one of our wines are produced from our own grapes which qualifies the wines as Wine of Origin Franschhoek.
Wine & Agricultural Ethical Trade Initiative (WIETA) accreditation for both farm and cellar in terms of legislative compliance, working conditions, workers' health and safety, and housing and tenure requirements. This accreditation has become virtually mandatory for wineries to meet the requirements of overseas importers and, increasingly, local buyers as well.